To eliminate the wishy washy feeling when riding a quad fin surfboard or either twin fin surfboard, here are simple steps on how to make a nubster trailer fin:
1. Prepare the materials needed as shown below.
2. Cut the Fiber Cloth in a way that it will have an extra space for glassing purposes.
Sample cut shown below.
3. Cover the wood fin shape with the fiber cloth from both sides.
4. Mix resin with a small amount of hardener to cover the wood fin.
5. Use a paint brush to evenly spread out the mixture for the first side, then wait for at least 2 – 3 hours To sun cure the glassing. Then do same to the other side.
6. Utilize a Steel blade to remove excess fiber glass, make sure to have an allowance from the edges of the fin.
Use a sand paper to evenly smoothen the surfaces of the glassed fin.
8. Here is now your D.I.Y wood fin. Enjoy and keep stoke!!!